Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Alfredo sausage stuffed peppers

This recipe was inspired by my husband, who loves the alfredo sausage lasagne I make for him (tomato allergy). The alfredo sausage came from my grain-free no-tomato lasagne recipe. The instructions for the peppers came from my Grandma's meatloaf-stuffed peppers. The peppers came from my plot in Dad's garden. And they were YUMMY!

Start with as many peppers as you want to stuff. Six large would be good. I had nine small-ish ones. Cut out the tops and seeds, rinse, put in boiling water for five minutes, then arrange in baking dish.


Meanwhile, brown 2lbs of sausage (breakfast, italian, whatever you like. It really doesn't matter). Drain. Add alfredo sauce (from jar, or you can make your own, which is what I did). Heat through.


Stuff meat into peppers.


Cover dish (I used foil) and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments: