Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ah, Summer



We've barely started our summer vacation...the part where it's just me and Olivia and the freedom to do whatever comes to mind (and doesn't cost much)...and I'm already loving it. There are days when I'd rather curl up with a book and stay in the air conditioning, but once I make the commitment to get us both properly dressed and sun-protected, we always have fun.

So far this week we've been to Local Theme Park three times. She just loves that place and there's so much to do. I don't even mind the hot weather so much. It's just fun to watch my kid enjoy the sun and the heat. And now that my incisions are pretty well healed, the water...

Time to wake Olivia up for an afternoon of waterpark. I need to wear her out today so she goes to sleep on time tonight. One side effect of our lackadaisical attitude toward Olivia's schedule now that we are in "Summer" mode is that she absolutely refuses to go to bed until LATE. Must work on that...

No comments: