Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My night off

We've been fighting some sort of fierce sickness at our house. Joe had what we assume was bronchitis, and it knocked him down for most of Thursday, Friday and Saturday. By Sunday I was developing a wicked cough. And although I have not had the fever, chills and aches he has had, the cough has only been getting worse. It is disrupting my sleep. And my chest hurts. I'm tired and grumpy.

Thankfully, Olivia seems to have little more than a head-congestion cold. That, at least, has made our life a little less hard this past week.

So, I just sent Olivia off to religion class with my husband. I just wasn't up for it. I told him he could skip it, but he wanted to take her because she LOVES being with the other kids.

And now I have a couple of blessed hours at home by myself. This never happens. I'm going to take a shower and watch TV. I have a feeling that the evening will end with me falling asleep before they get back home.

Right now, that sounds wonderful to me.

No comments: