Friday, June 11, 2010

Seven something-or-others

1. We went to Local Theme Park (yes, again) this morning, but this time with friends, which makes me feel obligated to stay until Olivia is falling-down tired. Which happened at about 1:30 p.m. She asked for her blankie in the stroller ride out and fell asleep almost as soon as she was strapped into the car. Yes, this kid still needs a nap.

2. On the other hand, our little friend, who is exactly ten days older than Olivia, was still going strong when we left. This is, perhaps, because he takes things more slowly...walks instead of runs, sits in the stroller instead of jumping out every two minutes, assesses the situation before deciding what to do next instead of just running back and forth as if that will maximize the amount of fun you can have in one day.

3. My child, in contrast, starts running the moment she finishes breakfast and doesn't stop until I MAKE her lay down for a nap or she just collapses from sheer exhaustion. THIS is why she still needs a nap.

4. I've found that no matter how often I tell people how active Olivia is, they don't truly BELIEVE it until they see it with their own eyes. Our little friend's Mommy is now a believer.

5. And as a result of keeping up with my little tornado for FOUR hours this morning, I'm now exhausted. I usually wear out after about two hours and drag her home against her will.

6. Due to the later-than-normal nap, I'm trying to calculate the best possible time to wake her up. If it is too late, then bedtime will be a nightmare. But when is too late? I still haven't found a good answer to this question.

7. I'm debating whether or not to take her BACK to Local Theme Park this afternoon. I'm leaning toward letting her Daddy take her after dinner. I've had my workout for the day.

No comments: