Thursday, August 5, 2010

Birthmother's blues

I went to birthmother's latest court hearing (regarding her three other kids, all in foster care) yesterday, as moral support for her. And I learned a lot...stuff I won't say here out of respect for her privacy. Let's just say that this whole thing will likely end in a month, and not in her favor. And that's probably best for the kids. There are two sides to every story, and I learned just enough yesterday to come to that conclusion.

Even so, my heart aches for her. She screwed up royally, and often. And she didn't get her act together in time to impress the court. She didn't take it seriously until it was too late. To lose your kids...that's a harsh way to learn a life lesson.

Now, at least, she is getting her life on a better track. I just hope she keeps moving in the right direction no matter what the outcome of this case.

And her birthday is tomorrow. She'll be 23. So young. So troubled.

No comments: