Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sunshiny day

Oh, friends, it is sunny today and upper 60s, and it feels SO GOOD. Never mind that I have one of those nasty allergy headaches from being outside yesterday. I wasn't going to let a little thing like pain ruin the first real Spring-like day of the year.

I only have one additional child in my charge today, which meant a greater chance for peaceful play and a smaller chance of needing to intervene or help in any way. I got out my wheelbarrow and spade and started digging mulch out of the flower beds on the corners of the play yard. The girls helped for about ten minutes, then they got bored and went back to their play. That was fine with me. Playing in the dirt (a.k.a. landscaping project work) is my catharsis. I'm constantly reassessing the area while I work and thinking of new ideas and ways to change or improve it. I'm not sure I decided on anything, but just the process has me excited about jumping into outdoor Spring projects.

It looks like I'm going to be investing in copious amounts of sinus/allergy headache medicine. I refuse to sit Spring out this year like I had to last year. I want to get out and enjoy it!

No comments: