Thursday, October 4, 2012

The easiest baby on the block

Marty slept through the night last night. He coughed a lot but kept falling back asleep (thank you, preschool germs and croupy daycare kids for the nasty cold, btw). He woke up for the day at 5:50 a.m. I could get used to that.

Unfortunately, I did not get to fully enjoy the all-night sleepfest. Cramps. Even after painkillers, I still had this annoying dull ache that persisted in keeping me semi-conscious pretty much all night. And now I have a dull headache as a result of my crappy night of sleep.

Dang you, crappy diseased reproductive organs! Can't you just be satisfied with infertility? Do you have to ruin my sleep cycles too? I may be a little grumpy.

 Of course, even though he slept through the night, Marty was greeted by a bleary-eyed Mommy to feed him his breakfast. He's usually ravenous after sleeping more than 5 hours. But this morning, he took a few sips of his bottle, pushed it away and then grinned at me before taking it back.
Not an actual photo from this morning, but you get the idea.
Little stinker. He knew I was having a bad morning, and he was determined to pull me out of my funk.

Sometimes, I wonder how we ever lived without this sweet little guy in our lives.

1 comment:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Hooray for a sleeping Marty, but I hate that you had such nasty cramps. It is the worst feeling ever. :(