Tuesday, June 5, 2007

More improvement

Today, my CM is not only present, but it looks much more like what I'm used to instead of the thin stuff I've been having the last couple of days. Much more abundant today. I'm just amazed at this stark contrast from the almost-completely-dry cycle I had last month with the first round of Clomid. Still no ovulation pains, and today is cycle day 14, but there's still time, and perhaps the ovulation pain, for me, isn't a good sign (I mean, it's never correlated with actual achievement of pregnancy, so who cares about ovulation pain anyway).

So there has been lots of opportunity this cycle to try to conceive. Unfortunately, TTC has become more of a chore than a pleasurable experience. I HATE that...everything is so scheduled, and we hate to miss out on an opportunity to TTC when the CM shows up because it's impossible to know if this day is THE day or just a day leading up to ovulation, and we also want to do whatever it takes to improve our chances of conceiving. I hate looking back at previous cycles (hindsight being an irritating reminder that our best efforts aren't always timed best). I always look and think "well maybe if we'd tried on this day or this day it would have been better than these days that we did try". And again, you can't know what the cycle will end up looking like until after the fact. But it's not a turn-on when your husband looks at the chart and says "again...when are you going to actually peak?". Like I know the answer to that question.

Enough complaining. For today, I'm happy that my body is at least cooperating by giving me a normal CM cycle.

No comments: