Monday, June 4, 2007

Well, whaddaya know...

Just when I started to despair that Clomid was going to completely cripple my mucus cycle in any circumstance...it came back!

A little explanation...I started this cycle with some pretty pitiful CM right at the end of my period, then a dry day, then some more encouraging CM, then THREE DRY DAYS IN A ROW! This was even worse than last cycle, because it looked very much like I would peak on cycle day 7 (last cycle was day 8), which is way too early, especially since my whole cycle went long enough last time for that to mean 22 post-peak days. I'm convinced that ovulation didn't occur until WAY after peak day, so I was hoping and praying for mucus to last longer in this cycle.

Well, just when I thought there was no hope, it came back! I almost didn't believe it, but after those three dry days, I've had two days of CM. Granted, it is thinner, less abundant and only showed up once each day, but I have to count that as improvement at least. If it hangs around for another day or so, I can feel confident that I had CM and ovulation on the same day, which is promising for the potential of pregnancy, so YAY!

This weekend, I attended a family celebration where several of my cousins-with-kids attended, so I got a lot of baby-face time. It was a beautiful and fun weekend!

No comments: