Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Miracles do happen

Well, dear blogworld, miracles do happen.

I got an email today from a friend I haven't heard from in awhile (she lives several states away). We had each discussed infertility at length because she and I both suffered from it in various forms. Last Fall, she and her husband adopted a baby boy, and they radiated with joy.

I had been thinking about her lately and wondering how they were doing. Then today, I got an email from her that said she is pregnant and in her second trimester. The baby is due in January, and they couldn't be happier.

This is just evidence, to me, that God has a plan. They've been married for seven or eight years and have dealt with a lot of years of infertility, but finally, their family is growing. She once said that when they began their process of adoption and also went through training to be foster parents, they were just trying to open as many doors as possible for God to create their family. And, in His time, He is creating it.

I think I am limited by my planning. I think, if we do this now, then we can do that later, and then by such-and-such time we can have this many kids. All of my plans have failed. I'm wondering now what kinds of doors we need to open to let God have His way in planning our family. Lord, enlighten me, because I am in a rut of confusion.

God bless my friend and her growing family!! I am SO HAPPY for them.

No comments: