Friday, August 9, 2013

Time's up

Summer, my friends. It is nearly at an end. At least the break-from-school part of it. School starts on Monday, so we've used this week to squeeze all of the fun that we could out of the last moments of summer break.

This week we went to Local Theme Park's Waterpark, during the day, twice. That is TWO times. That's a lot. I mean, we go several times a week, but we almost never go until after 4 p.m., when the crowds die down and the sun loses its burn-you-to-a-crisp power. I had to put sunscreen on the kids. TWICE! I hate putting sunscreen on the kids (or myself). Which is a big part of the reason why we never go until after 4 p.m.

But earlier this week we had friends coming into town...people without season passes who were paying for their day at the park and wanted to get their money's worth. So we screened up and went. And had a fabulous time. And got burnt to a crisp despite the aforementioned sunscreen. (OK, I got burnt. Olivia got a little red on her shoulders and cheeks. Martin didn't even realize we were in the sun all day. Melanin. Powerful stuff, that.)

Olivia and her friend soaking up summer.
We went back today, early again so that we could take the cousins. The kids had SUCH a good time. Martin has become quite the little waterbug. He played so hard that he just spontaneously fell asleep on my shoulder while I was talking to another mom at the pool. Poor little tired guy.
Pictured: Not yet exhausted, but getting there.
Let's see...we went to a movie this week. We went to a "back-to-school" pool party. We went "to town" to visit friends. It was an eventful week.

And now I'm exhausted!

On Monday, Olivia starts Kindergarten, which doesn't seem like a big thing since she was at preschool at the same school last year. But she was only there 3 days a week. This will be 5 days a week, every week. That is kind of huge. Right? I'm sure it will be a big transition for her. But she is ready. And I think even I'm ready. I think. Maybe.

1 comment:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Luke loves the water as well! It does cause excessive tiredness and hunger. :-) What a fun week!!!