Friday, May 18, 2007

Utterly baffled...

Yesterday, I got a call from my doctor to review the P+7 blood test results, which, if you remember, took place on cycle day 15 to correspond with my VERY early and very short mucus cycle. I was totally sure I got the blood test day totally wrong because I was convinced that clomid screwed up my CM and that I probably didn't ovulate until day 13.

Well, according to the doctor, my hormones were well within the normal for P+7, and my progesterone was 19.3, which is apparently pretty darn good. Dr. D. thought that the clomid did what it is supposed to do and that I should keep the dosage the same next cycle.

However, I was still totally confused. Dialogue as follows:

Me: But I've been spotting for four days now, so it seems that nothing has changed much except my cm.

Doc: Well, the test results are exceptional. You must have just ovulated very early. Where are you in your cycle?

Me: Going by the CM, I'm at P+17.

Doc: Were you using fertility.

Me: Of course.

Doc: Take a pregnancy test. I don't want to get your hopes up, but it's possible that it could do the trick in the first cycle. Call me if you are pregnant. If not, stick with the same plan for next cycle with clomid/mucinex.

Me: Ah, OK...

So of course, I did get my hopes up. I tested this morning (P+18) and got a crushing negative result. Still seeing no obvious signs of either a pregnancy or my period. I've heard that Clomid can push your post-peak phase a little, but it seems overly long now. Since I had a very early peak, I'm still only on cycle day 26 or something, so it's not like I've developed an insanely long cycle, just an insanely long post-peak phase.

I'm trying to be patient, trying to trust God that His timing is better than mine...but it's never very easy to do...

No comments: