Sunday, December 23, 2007

The most photographed child ever

I have one of those ridiculously large photo cards which holds about a billion images at a time. More than I can fit on one CD, I'm sure. And enough to keep me standing at the digital photo kiosk at Sam's Club for a full five minutes JUST waiting for the images to load so I can select the two dozen that I choose to print for the family. I cannot imagine what we did BEFORE digital cameras and ridiculously large-memory cards. Twenty-four exposures on a 35 mm, and not knowing how your pictures would look before getting them developed? Unfathomable.

Anyway, I thought I'd treat my two readers (yes, the list seems to be shrinking...I must be getting boring) with a new photo. So here it is.



I have the time to do this because the baby is staying overnight with my parents. And that is harder than I thought it would be.

Yes, she has stayed there before...the first night we came home with her, in fact. We were so exhausted, and they offered. It was glorious. But now that we are not so sleep deprived, it is hard to leave her for so long.

However, my parents are both off work for an entire week, and Mom asked that they be allowed to keep the baby overnight. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for us to go out and see a movie, bake some cookies, do some cleaning, etc. But now, I just miss my baby.

*Sigh* I will still enjoy my full night of sleep. The baby sleeps for 6-7 hours at night now, but we still haven't accomplished any consistency about when that stretch occurs. So my body hasn't fully adjusted to a bedtime or wake time yet. But we're getting there.

Now here's another photo for those who actually read through all the above babbling.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

My readership is down too, with the holidays. Don't take it personally. (I am trying not to.)

I love the pictures. Enjoy your good night of sleep.

Lori said...

You probably have more readers, just not ones that comment. But if you don't, that's ok too. She is so cute and I got a good picture of her and Grandpa sleeping in the chair. :)