Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Four months old



Olivia is four months old today, and she had her four month well-baby check-up at the doctor. Which, of course, means shots. And she screamed and cried and looked at me like I betrayed her. And then she pretty much forgot all about them by the time we got in the car. Truly, I think these are harder on me than on her.

(By the way, check out this kid's hair! And it's all curls. I totally need to get some advice on how to take care of it when it gets long enough to style.)

According to the doctor's charts, Olivia is growing and doing all the stuff she's supposed to do. She weighed in at 13 lbs, which is something like the 50th percentile for weight. But she was 94th percentile for height. And her silly mother forgot to ask how long she was! I guess we'll have to get the tape measure out and see for ourselves.

It looks like we are going to have a tall girl on our hands! Her daddy is already plotting which position on the soccer field she can fill best at her projected height. Sheesh.

This afternoon, after all the ugliness of the shots and such were long forgotten, Olivia and I went to a Mom's group...which was awesome! The kids were fun to watch, but most of all, I really enjoyed gabbing with the other moms. It's nice to share stories about sleep habits and advice on when to start solid foods and all that new mommy stuff.

To top off our lovely, but very busy day, it was a sunny 70 degrees today. I think it did us both some good to be out and enjoying such a beautiful day, even if we did spend most of it in the car.

I think tomorrow we'll both need a couple of long naps!

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow, that is tall! Good for her! (And you guys on the feeding and health stuff.)