Monday, June 9, 2008

So full of energy

This afternoon, I was working in the office when I heard what sounded like a little kick thump coming from Olivia's room, where she had been napping. I went to check on her and found her on her knees, hands on the bumper and crib rails, seemingly trying to figure out how to free the bumper from the crib, and perhaps free herself from the crib as well. I so wish I had a camera in my hands at the time, because when I turned the light on, she just looked at me and grinned, like she was caught in some fun and forbidden game.

Olivia is down to two naps a day, but they are always substantial naps...usually around two hours. The rest of the day she is on the go. There is nothing that slows this girl down. She wants to see everything and learn how everything works. She's also pulling herself up to standing, which means we're going to have to figure out what to do about the coffee table. I'm afraid she's going to lose her balance and come up with a nasty bump on the head.

This past weekend, we did our best to wear her out by taking her on an overnight trip to visit Daddy's college. She had a great time. Here's a photo of her riding the mascot.



I also took her swimming for the first time in grandma's pool. She LOVED it!



Now she's trying to free herself from my lap. There's so much to do, Mom! Let me down!

No comments: