Tuesday, October 28, 2008

C-c-c-cold!

After a very warm September and an unseasonably warm beginning of October, it has finally turned cold around here. We decided to turn the heat on Sunday night and set the thermostat to 65 so it wouldn't kick on unless absolutely necessary. It was necessary.

Olivia seems to be unaffected by the change in temperature and the fact that her room is the coldest in the house. She still kicks off all of her blankets. Granted, she is dressed in a sweatsuit and house slippers at the moment. But so am I. She's napping now as I sit here and type with numb fingers and frozen toes. I just went into her room to cover her back up. I don't know how she manages to sleep comfortably sprawled ON TOP of her blankets, limbs far away from her body, with her belly peeking out from under her shirt. If I were napping, you can bet that I'd be doing it with hands tucked under my pillow and at least two blankets piled on top of me. She MUST be very warm-natured.

Cold weather? Bring it on!

In other news, I think I'm going to try to blog every day in November. I couldn't participate in NaBloPoMo last year because we were living in a hospital and hotels for a couple of weeks and picking up a baby and all that jazz. This November is going to be quite low-key. I'm not sure if I'm going to participate in an "official" way, but for the three or so of you who keep up with me, you'll at least have something to read daily. That is my promise to you.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Make sure you sign up for NoBloPoMo, so that if you do hit every day, you are eligible for the prizes!