Friday, December 12, 2008

Enough talk...time to jump in!

We've been researching adoption agencies for awhile now in preparation for adding baby #2 to our family. Since adoption and timelines are generally unpredictable, we wanted to start the process soon after Olivia's first birthday.

After much time spent calling, emailing and perusing various fee sheets and websites, we have decided on an agency. Actually, it's two agencies, both associated with Catholic Charities offices in the same Diocese, so one will do the homestudy, both will take our applications, and then we wait.

The decision is official today. We have an appointment in early January to meet with the caseworker and start our homestudy paperwork. Fasten your seatbelts!

This, of course, prompts me to look around this room currently acting as an office and wonder (again) how we are ever going to whip it into shape to become a bedroom. I have a few ideas, but I'm afraid they are going to require some new organizational furniture and a lot of throwing stuff out. And since Olivia took a one-hour nap (ONLY!) yesterday, which left me exactly 20 minutes to accomplish things after picking up the living room and taking a shower, I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to find time to get all organizational.

How do you eat an elephant again?

2 comments:

katd said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations!! We are very much in that "We want to but how in the world do we do it again?" phase right now. Our office is our only spare space, but I have no clue what we'll do with all of the mess in here. Not that I want that to be the deciding factor...:)
Congrats to you guys; I can't wait to hear more!!

Melissa :) said...

Wooohooo! I remember all too well. Good luck! :)