Friday, March 13, 2009

The Sink Window

Back when I was in college and during the years immediately after, I lived in a variety of apartments. Only one of those had a window above the kitchen sink, which was a kitchen trait that I greatly desired.

When I was a kid, we had a window above the kitchen sink. I remember that when washing dishes, I passed the time watching what was going on outside. It helped occupy my mind.

We have a window above the sink in this house. Up to this point, I haven't had a lot of interesting things to view. The house in back of us is currently vacant. We might see the occasional cat running around or deer chomping on our landscaping.

Tonight, though, I passed my dish-washing time watching my husband and daughter chase a kickball around the backyard.

I love my sink window.

No comments: