Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, sweet Olivia!

My dear, sweet Olivia,

You are five years old today, and I am amazed at the beautiful little girl you have become. You are intelligent and curious and emotional and loving and willful and sweet and a million other things.

You like to dress up and make up your own songs and dances. You are always putting on a diva act, pretending to be a rock star and putting on shows in our living room. Your imagination knows no bounds.

You like beads in your hair but you hate bows on your clothing. You have very specific preferences about what you wear. Luckily, we have enough hand-me-downs that fit your preferences, although I fear that won't last much longer!

You lost your second tooth this past Wednesday and are fascinated with the idea of losing teeth and getting more in. Since you are the only kid in this house (among those I watch) who has already lost teeth, you feel like you are big stuff!

Since the day you were born, you have turned our world upside down and challenged us in so many ways, but we have loved watching you grow and blossom into this inquisitive little person that you are now. I love you, my daughter. Keep growing and exploring and discovering and inquiring. You are beautiful in every way.

1 comment:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia!!! I love to read about you and watch you grow!