Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thoughts on babies and Spring

So, Martin woke up from a very long nap, and after a bottle, he just giggled and squealed and played. A couple of hours later, trying the same things (standing him up, talking to him, tossing him the ball) and he just sort of glazed over and pressed his lips together like he was saying, "I'm ready for a nap. Do I really need to spell it out for you?" No crying, no fussing. Just a quiet plea.

He's such a good baby.

In other news, I am having tax woes. As in, we expect a huge refund (thanks to that little guy above), but we can't file until we have his Social Security number, and we can't get a number until we get a birth certificate. For that, we just have to sit on our hands and wait for our state's Department of Health to get around to processing the adoption documents and generating an amended birth certificate. This is very frustrating to me because I had plans for that money. Plans with a timeline.

One of those plans is Spring Break. We are going to the beach, and I am very much looking forward to it. Winter has me down. We need some sun, some relaxation, some finding shells on the beach with Olivia and keeping Martin from shoving sand in his mouth.

Of course, we'll go, with or without the refund in our pockets, but MAN it's going to be hard to actually SAVE the money we'll need by then. This is happening next month. NEXT MONTH. It seemed so far away when we booked this last October.

Thoughts of Spring Break, though, keep me going on days like today. Tuesdays suck the life out of me.

2 comments:

KC said...

Hey There Lisa!

I still keep up on your blog (sorry I am bad about commenting!). However, I read your post and wanted to ask if you knew about getting a temporary ID # to file your taxes with I think it's officially called an ATIN number.

We had to get one with Ella and it worked out perfectly. It says it can take 6-8 weeks but I don't think ours took that long to get. Check it out!

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Adoption-Taxpayer-Identification-Number

Martin is adorable by the way!!!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I love the video of Marty! He is always adorable in photos, but the video shows his little personality! :)
I hate the bureaucratic way that paperwork has to be processed for adoption. It is just. plain. stupid!!! I like KC's plan about an ATIN - I really hope that works for you! And hooray to tax refunds!!! We are getting ours to cover Luke's adoption this year and I'm so very thankful! Hoping to save it for #2.