Monday, November 5, 2007

Final week of childlessness...

...Lord willing and the creek don't rise (as they say in these parts).

It hit me today that, if all goes according to plan, by this time next week I'll be a parent. Not legally, yet, but practically. Gone are the days of sleeping in! But you know what...I don't care! I'm sure I will be kicking myself in about three weeks for saying that, but at this point I'm just so thrilled to be moving into parenthood that I'm seriously floating on cloud nine.

I think it's rather providential that tomorrow is our third anniversary. This year's anniversary celebration will be particularly special, I think, because we can celebrate a new phase in our lives together. Celebration plans include dinner out and then a date with some store clerks and a barcode gun. Yes, registering for baby gifts! Can you even stand the excitement? (Boy, we are boring people.)

In the last two weeks, two of my close friends have given birth. A couple of years ago, that would be bittersweet for me. Now, it is only sweet! I can finally rejoice again with those who are pregnant. That is one of my adoption miracles.

I can't wait to meet the little one who will change our lives forever. I just hope we make it home in time for Thanksgiving so we can share our joy with our family.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy Anniversary! And of course, we will want pictures of the new baby immediately!