Friday, November 9, 2007

Overwhelmingly wonderful people...

Today, a person my husband knows through his work offered to pay for our hotel stays and travel expenses for our trip to this other state to meet and pick up our baby. This person wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

This is an amazing gift. It's not that we can't afford to pay for it ourselves, but the various new expenses that have popped up quicker than dandelions in this whole experience have taken quite a toll on our now-and-future adoption fund, so we are extremely thankful for any relief at this point.

Not only that, but seriously, I am overwhelmed by the goodness of people. Over the last many weeks, close friends and not-so-close acquaintances have come out of the woodwork to hand over much needed newborn items. Clothing is COMPLETELY covered...at least until she gets to 11 lbs. All manner of baby furniture is covered. Blankets, burp cloths, and bottles abound. We have bought next to nothing, and we are almost completely stocked up on all things related to newborn care.

Thank God for all these amazing people. They have been such a blessing.

1 comment:

Maygy said...

Hello! I found your blog through another, and I just wanted to tell you that you and your husband are in my prayers during this amazing time...my husband and I were blessed with our daughter through adoption in September. What an incredible experience! I am so happy for you. May God bless all who are involved with this!