Friday, November 16, 2007

An update on our joy!

Sorry, I don't have my camera handy at the moment. Posting again from a computer that is not my own. I did, however, load some photos on my new site. Check my profile for the site on our sweet baby , Olivia!

Today, we went to court for the official placement and such. Our birthmother went in first. She was interviewed and signed whatever she was supposed to sign. We had a chance to give her a hug before she left, and then we went in to be interviewed. We were basically asked a bunch of questions to ensure that we understood what we had signed, and knew what it all meant. But my favorite part of the day was when the judge said that the child would be placed in our care and we were found suitable, etc., and then he congratulated us. I almost cried!

So we got to take our little angel out of the hospital. We are, however, stranded in this new state until the ICPC offices of this state and our own are able to review and approve the documents. This is unfortunate, because I really want to be home, but it's also a little bonus "baby honeymoon" for us. No family to hover. Not that I'm not looking forward to that, but it gives us a chance to really get to know our sweet little before sharing her with the world.

So we've camped out in a really nice hotel for a few days. Will hope to use this "settling" time to catch up on all my blogs and posting. My husband will be fine with that. He has falling IN LOVE with little Olivia and wants to hold her all the time, so he won't mind if I slip away to play on the computer.

Gotta go. Will post more soon.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Beautiful! And congratulations!

When do you get to come home?