Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where does she get all of this CRAZY?


My husband is out of town on business for a couple of days, so I had to get up with Olivia this morning (which is usually his job). Lucky for me, she slept in a little, so I didn't have to get moving until after 7:00. Unlucky for me, she seemed to wake up full of crazy.

I don't know what gets into her, but some mornings she just seems to have ants in her pants and CAN'T SIT STILL! As soon as she was finished eating, she was up and down and moving here and there. Crawl, sit, stand, sit, crawl, repeat.

She's also started what I call "bull breathing". She grins really big until she scrunches up her nose (see above photo), and then she breathes in and out really fast through her nose, like a bull getting ready to charge. She usually does this when she's being particularly mischevious.

She didn't stop to examine any toy for more than five seconds this morning and could not be bothered with books or anything to settle her down.

Sheesh.

Speaking of books, I don't know how to get her to sit still for one. She likes looking at pictures and trying to bend the pages of her board books (don't ask me why), but getting her to sit still to listen to me read more than two pages of any book is impossible. Any suggestions out there?

We have a busy, busy day today. It is our errand day, and I have a very long list of errands. We'll leave just as soon as she finishes her nap, because without that nap, we are both in for a LONG day.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

The only thing I can think of for books is to read when she's tired. Like to work it into the pre-nap routine. Otherwise, just read out loud while she cruises the room. She'll still be listening.

Stephanie said...

With books - just point to the pictures. At her age, that's enough. She won't be interested in words for another several months, probably. If it makes you feel any better, Asher LOVES books (and letters) and we never read the words until he was about 15 months old.

Some mornings Asher wakes up like this too. Except now he talks and runs, so it adds to the noise factor considerably. =)