Thursday, September 10, 2009

Randomness for your Thursday

Thoughts from my head, in no particular order...

1. We have new neighbors. They will move in this weekend. They live a sunny warm climate for seven months of the year, so they will be moving away in about a month. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Perhaps it is good that they won't witness our daughter throwing tantrums at not being allowed to spray herself with the hose in November. But we went so long with no neighbors behind us (the house was vacant or rented for three years), and now that we have neighbors on all sides, I kind of like it.

2. I've decided that meal/snack time is my second favorite time of the "work" day (second to naptime, of course). It's just so nice to have both children securely strapped into their boosters. I can get things done! Even if only for ten minutes. I'm really, really going to have to drag my feet on graduating anyone to sitting independent of the boosters and their buckles.

3. My husband is in the middle of a project that I've been praying for for years. He has talked about it, but only now has he found the motivation to pursue it with full force. I can't say more now, but I'm excited with what may come of this.

4. Olivia and I are heading "to town" after Addie leaves today. I'm not planning to make a habit of a mid-week evening trip, but we are going to get our errands out of the way now so we can enjoy the weekend. My hometown (the next town over) has their annual fall festival and parade on Saturday, and our parish has its annual festival on Sunday. I want to attend and participate without having to do any running this weekend.

5. We had "family dinner" last night for the first time since July. That's our gathering of our local family...my sister, a brother and his wife and son, and my parents. It was fun, and Olivia and Trey had a good time. They are great buddies. It's too bad that we are all too busy to do this more regularly.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I always like randomness posts. I think it is interesting to find out what is going on with your life. :)