Thursday, February 4, 2010

A post about nothing

I don't really have much to say today. So here are some random thoughts.

1. Olivia woke up with a raging cold, so I hid the play kitchen, play food and anything else the kids regularly chew on and pass around in order to minimize the chance of passing it around. (Ha!) So they found a bunch of "Little People", which each have a little hole in the bottom so they can be attached to the various cars, buses, tractors, and such that come with the "Little People". And they turned the people upside down, pretended that the knobs on the filing cabinet were drink dispensers, "filled" their people's little cavities with pretend drink and proceeded to suck on the end of them and pass them around.

I'm already planning to stock up on extra tissues for the inevitable outbreak.

2. I think I mentioned that I'm doing this lifestyle challenge thing for our health insurance discount. I've been on the elliptical machine for at least 20 minutes every day for the last ten days. I consider this a huge accomplishment. (And I've already lost 3 lbs!)

3. The snow from six days ago is finally disappearing. Winter is moving way too slowly for me. I'm ready for Spring. The sun was shining on our backyard playset this morning (briefly...it's been mostly cloudy today, blah), and for a brief, shining moment I imagined that it might be warm and we could go out and play. And then the moment was gone. I think cabin fever has set in.

It's almost Friday...

No comments: