Monday, April 12, 2010

This is the view from my front door this morning. The sun is out. Everything is in bloom.
And I feel miserable.

It's been a hard week, in more ways than one. The pollen has me down. I'm taking two allergy meds and additional antihistamines before bed, and I still can't get over the feeling that tiny insects are crawling around inside my nasal passages. The kids are also much affected, so I imagine that there are tiny toddler germs on every surface of anything all over my house.

To add challenge to an already challenging week, one of my charges can't seem to control her temper. She's been acting out all week, and the misbehavior is escalating. When she remembers that she can't hit, she bites. And that hasn't been the worst of her behavior. Her parents and I are at our wits end trying to figure out how to handle her. I honestly don't know what is causing all of this aggression, but if it doesn't stop soon, I'm afraid she'll spend the majority of the next seven weeks sitting in time-out.

I need a long vacation to a warm, dry, pollen-free zone.

Last week I got a call from a nurse at Dr. Hilgers' office. My hormone series results are back, and Dr. Hilgers has reviewed them and wants to order one more test and send a questionnaire to evaluate me for something called adrenal fatigue. If I do have it, it could explain a lot of the stuff I've been dealing with. Allergies, headaches, irritability and the fact that by the end of the day, I feel like my nerves are shot. I'm tired a lot, but I just figured that was the job. Maybe it's something else too. If so, and if I get treated, I REALLY hope that next year this babysitting gig isn't so constantly exhausting.

I feel like I'm in very good hands with Dr. Hilgers. We're still two months away from surgery, and already he knows so much about my condition(s) and is evaluating further.

Now I'm off to spend the rest of naptime relaxing so maybe the afternoon won't be quite as challenging.


See how well my sweet baby is behaving here? If only all of the kids could be so accommodating all of the time.

No comments: