Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Triduum!

I'm declaring Lent to be over because, well, it is. Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Vigil, also known as the Triduum, are technically one big long end-of-Lent-Hello-Easter-Season liturgy that lasts three days and is really sort of after the Lenten season, so I'm my once-a-week Lenten posting fast is over. (It's true. Ask a monk. Also, visit a monastery during triduum...you'll really see how the liturgy spans three days.) Plus, tomorrow is Good Friday, the ultimate day of fasting, so I'm getting my computer time in now.

This week has been spectacular, weather-wise. Sun, blue skies, temps in the 70s. And because of Spring Break issues, I've only had a partial crew of toddlers all week, making my workday a little easier. And we had an unexpected day off yesterday, which gave us time to do some of this:

Olivia has become a whiz on the bike. She's very good at pedaling and loves to be out and riding. She even likes her helmet.

We opened up the sand box this morning and I let the kids run around barefoot and scoop sand for awhile. As a result, I now have to wash Olivia's hair and comb bits of sand out of it before we go to Church tonight, but it was worth it. I think the sand box and, well, all of the outdoor stuff is going to be easier to deal with this year now that the kids are older and a little more likely to follow instructions (no throwing sand, no sand in the rocks, no rocks in the sand, etc).

Overall, I'm just really enjoying this change of seasons. Really, really enjoying.

No comments: