Friday, April 16, 2010

Walking

Yesterday evening, Olivia and I had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house. After dinner, we went for a walk, just the two of us, down the county road that runs in front of their farm.

We only walked about four tenths of a mile down the road and then back again, and we had a pretty slow pace, but it was a great time with my little girl. She chattered on about this and that as she picked "blowies" and scattered those little dandelion seeds in the breeze. Every different wildflower (a.k.a. weed) on the side of the road fascinated her. We learned that people shouldn't throw trash on the side of the road. "That's not very nice for them to do that." We watched tractors plowing some of the fields. We talked about everything and nothing and just enjoyed each other's company.

It's so much fun watching my little baby grow into a thoughtful, intelligent little girl. I just hope I remember to treasure these days, when she's happy to spend time walking with me and talking about everything that is on her mind. I hope she never grows out of that.

No comments: