Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer cleaning

Well, the unofficial start to Summer was really hot. And now it is cooler, so I am remembering that it is still May and not July.

I have caught some sort of house cleaning bug. We never, never, never have time to "Spring" clean in the actual Spring, so I decided to start tackling those jobs now. So far this week, I have cleaned out/reorganized the foyer closet (2-hour job) and the master bedroom and closet (2 day job). Whew! There was a lot of...shall we say, shifting...of stuff, and piles and piles of things without homes made their way to what we are now calling the baby's room. Because the baby's room is the last stop on this whirlwind of insane cleaning, and cleaning IT is going to be a doozy!

In the meantime, though, I have a bedroom that has somehow doubled in size! And a closet that I can walk into!! These things make a big difference.

I'm mostly just trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of the promising lead that we are not talking about. OK then! Mission accomplished! I've been too busy to even remember to eat the last couple of days. It has only been Olivia sneaking food that has reminded me of mealtimes. Oops.

Poor Olivia. She had to fend for herself for quite awhile yesterday when I was in the thick of it. Today, I will reward her patience with a mommy-daughter shopping trip. I think we both need a break from the cleaning.

1 comment:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

I do what you are doing too ... re-organize & shift stuff until it's all in one room and THEN figure out what to re-gift, Good.will or trash. It IS easier that way. :-)
Hooray for having ROOM in your closets and the awesome feeling that goes with USING the new spaces! :-)