Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to normal



Well, after a week of vacation and activities with the cousins, life is finally back to normal.

Except that normal is a little different now. Before vacation, I could count on two solid naps from Olivia, a semi-regular bedtime and a very regular early wake-up (5:55 a.m., almost to the minute).

For the past several days, Olivia's naps have been inconsistent (she still takes them, but it's harder to predict their duration). She's also sleeping quite late in the morning. She's been waking up between 7:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Not that I'm complaining! It's just weird. Maybe it's because she is still fighting a snotty cold, or maybe she's just catching up from her lack of sleep from last week. It might just be temporary, but I'm savoring every late-morning wake-up.

Other than the sleep differences, Olivia has been back to her normal self. She's playing happily and getting into everything she's not supposed to have. Today I caught her trying to squeeze herself behind the TV stand. She was trying to reach that pretty wire that everything plugs into. I thought it was hidden far enough back there that it wouldn't be a problem, but apparently I was wrong. She also ended up tangling herself up in the dining room chairs this morning. Seems she was trying to climb through them to reach a toy she had thrown in there. She's like a little monkey. But a cute monkey. Especially when she follows me around the house and holds onto my legs. That's when I know she's tired of playing by herself and wants some Mommy time.

Can you believe that my precious little baby will be NINE MONTHS OLD tomorrow? Seems impossible to me.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Nine months! I can't believe it!

We've just gotten rid of all the company this weekend too!