Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Again with the sleeping...


Sorry to bore my three readers with more talk about sleep, but really, it's all about the sleeping at our house right now.

Last night, our little angel slept through the night. I was not expecting this. I woke up on my own at 5:30 and checked the clock and was shocked. SHOCKED. I got up to make sure she was still breathing. She was.

This was unexpected for two reasons. First, she was sleeping most of yesterday (despite my attempts to keep her awake). Second, she was WIDE awake all evening until about 11:00. She finally started to get drowsy, and I put her in her crib at about 11:30. Two minutes later, I started back toward her room to pick her back up because she was screaming and I figured that she would need more rocking, but before I got there, she had fallen back asleep. And I was SURE that this fussy period would continue for awhile.

It didn't.

I went to bed, praying to get one sleep cycle in before she demanded attention. She did not wake up until 7:00 a.m.

This is monumental, and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I may have done to help accomplish this wonderful night of uninterrupted sleep. Maybe it was the extra blanket. Maybe the "snack" ounce of formula before bed. Maybe putting her to bed not quite asleep. Whatever it is, I hope it keeps up.

Now I'm off to put the sleeping angel in the carseat for some dreaded errands. At least the sun is shining today. I think I'm suffering from lack of sunlight. A day out should do us both some good if the weather cooperates.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO JEALOUS.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, so cute, so cute, so cute.

Keep talking about sleep. It is still interesting. :)

Stephanie said...

Hi, I just found your blog after you left a comment on Arwen's. I just wanted to say congratulations on your recent adoption! How exciting! We did not have an easy road to parenthood either, and I'm always so excited to hear about parents adopting or having children after years of disappointment.

I also wanted to say, hang in there. Infancy is just hard - regardless of your philosophy or your child's temperament, the first few months are exhausting.

Lori said...

How did her first visit with the pediatrician go?