Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Saints and thoughts on babies

I just got back from Mass. Today is the Feast of All Saints, so I took a break from the maddening race-to-get-all-my-work-done-before-baby-comes and went to the noon Mass at the parish a couple of blocks from my office.

There, I ran into friends of mine, NewMOMandDAD, and their adorable little boy, who is about two weeks old. The last time I saw them was about four days before the baby was born, so I was excited to meet their little guy.

NewMOM looked fantastic (as in, back to her old thin self), but when I asked her how she was doing, she said (and sounded, and started to look) TIRED. Apparently baby boy is a screamer and not a great sleeper. We chatted for awhile about how things change once you have kids, and no matter how many times people tell you that, it absolutely cannot prepare you for the reality.

Changes are-a-comin.

Last night, we had a record EIGHT trick-or-treaters, including the before-mentioned baby nephew, who was absolutely the most adorably sweet pumpkin I have ever seen. 'Nuf said.

And the countdown continues...

No comments: