Monday, June 29, 2009

My brain is all afloat today

I have a sinus headache today, so I took some pills which are making me drowsy and a bit cloudy, so forgive me if this bounces around.

Olivia and I went to visit her cousins this weekend, and she had a good time. She's completely worn out today, and I'm hoping that means I'll have time to get a little nap in myself.

When we got home from our 4.5 hour drive yesterday, Olivia's diaper was completely dry. That has never happened before. So we sat her on the potty when we got home, and she went! That's the first time that has happened. Well, for us. Grandma claims that she used the potty at her house on Friday. Isn't that always the way it happens?

Come to think of it, Grandma always gets the happy, well-mannered child. My husband says that Olivia only gives us a hard time to test the boundaries, and she doesn't need to do that with Grandma because, well, it's Grandma. There may be something to that...

The temps are more tolerable and the humidity is down today. It may be a good evening for grilling...

I promise to try to be more focused tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, wow! I cannot believe she used the potty already. I've always said that she's a smart one.