Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quickly...

With two girls sleeping and two boys absent (again, for illness), I have a couple of hours to myself. But today, I'm going to start that time (as soon as I finish this post) with a workout. I'm not one to participate in New Year's weight loss resolutions or diets or whatnot. But I do enjoy being active and getting regular exercise, which is something I haven't had an opportunity to much in these cold months. With the hours involved in this babysitting gig and my free time (nap) often eaten up by a five-month-old who hasn't mastered the nap-while-everyone-else-naps schedule, it's hard to find time to get on the elliptical machine.

So. To motivate myself, I signed up for this thing at my husband's workplace. It's a 10-week weight loss/maintenance, healthy lifestyle challenge. It's not the kind of thing I normally do, but it's worth points in our health insurance's ridiculous required point system to reduce our premiums, so I thought I'd give it a try. If nothing else, it will serve to keep me on track, constantly looking for a way to squeeze a few minutes of exercise out of an otherwise hectic day of watching kids. The program starts tomorrow. I'm going to take advantage of my lack-of-a-baby-to-watch day and get a jump on my exercise program today. I don't know how I will keep it up on regular, four-kids-to-watch kind of days, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

No comments: