Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowed in

We are having our first significant snowfall of the season today, so Olivia and I are snowed in. Or, rather, the kids I babysit are snowed out...staying home with their teacher-parents, for whom snow does not mean a day off but just a day deferred. Oh well.

Olivia and I have made the most of the morning so far, enjoying some snuggle time on the couch and breaking out the brand-new play doh for a creative session. It's hard to handle play doh with three toddlers, but it's fun to do with just one.

I'm thinking that we'll go out in the snow after naptime. I should really try to shovel the driveway before Joe gets home from work, and Olivia can use the time to re-acquaint herself with the frozen white stuff. We don't see much snow in a year, and I mostly hate it when it does show up. But there's something about taking a toddler out in the snow that makes it almost fun. Almost.

No comments: