Monday, January 21, 2008

A movie review

As promised, this post is not about sleep. Although, that is getting even better lately too.

Yesterday, my husband and I went to see the movie "Juno". It's about a pregnant teen who chooses to place her baby for adoption.

It was, in my husband's words, irreverant. But I thought it was pretty honest. There was a lot of teen-speak that didn't always translate well for us "old folks", but I am not so far removed from those years that I couldn't relate to the barrage of emotions that Juno was feeling.

It was different than I expected, with some disappointing twists, but the movie still stuck with me for hours afterward. I think I was most moved by Jennifer Garner's character (as the prospective adoptive mother)...always proper, trying to portray herself as impeccable and perfect to this young pregnant girl, but all the while being incredibly insecure about the whole situation. I relate, because I've been there.

I won't say anything else about the movie, so as not to spoil it for those of you who haven't yet seen it. It just made me think and reflect back on where we were just a few short months ago. Things have changed so much. And despite all the sleep interruptions and fussy times, I am happier than I ever imagined I would be. I am a mom, and I feel like I am right where I was always meant to be.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

My husband went to see Juno with his brother and neither of them liked it. But they both are second guessing themselves and want to see it again because everyone else likes it. I haven't seen it myself, so I can't comment.