Monday, February 9, 2009

Extremes

It's getting pretty crazy around here. Between preparing the baby's room before our home visit on Thursday (self-imposed deadline) and making plans for our weekend, I'm pretty fried already. I didn't mention our weekend? We are volunteers with this apostolate, so we will be spending our Valentine's Day weekend leading a retreat for engaged couples. It's an enjoyable weekend for both of us (this is our third time leading such a retreat), but it involves several preparation details that I must attend to before Friday.

Despite all of this craziness, Olivia and I will be spending several of her waking hours outside today. It's sunny and...get this...almost seventy degrees! I know! Who would have thought?

No matter how many times it happens (and it happens often), I am always baffled by the dramatic changes we can get in weather around here. Anytime between October and April, the temperature here can fluctuate dramatically. Two weeks ago, my trees were sagging under the weight of inches of ice and the weather reporters warned of sub-zero wind chills. Our current seven-day forecast predicts temperatures in the high 50s and 60s all week.

I'm not going to question it. I'm just going to take advantage of the pretty weather while I can. After two weeks of cold and ice, we were starting to get a little stir crazy around here.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Adam and I LOVED engaged encounter. It really makes you take a look at the nuts and bolts of your relationship and where God is in your lives. I bet you guys get a lot out of it as leaders too...

HereWeGoAJen said...

The weather here has been weird too. We are getting forty degree swings quite often.