Monday, October 29, 2007

And the countdown begins...

We have a due date. The birthmom's c-section is scheduled for Monday, November 12th!!

In some weird way, this has all suddenly become very "real". Before, it was just a really nice idea, but now that we have a date and a plan, it's all so very real.

Although I've known for weeks that this was looming in the distance, I haven't been able to focus on all the things that need to be done between now and then. Especially at my job. The reality is that once this baby comes home, I will be taking time off from my job and won't return until January. And, of course, there's stuff that needs to be done to prepare for all the events that are coming up in January and February...work that would typically be reserved for November and December. And all that work has to be crammed into two weeks now.

Seriously, it's not like I haven't known this, but I needed that due date for my mind to focus in on all that had to be done. And now I am working like a madwoman and filling up my white board with tasks to do. So I'd better get back to it. But I wanted to be sure I told you, dear internet, about the latest news. The countdown is on, and the next few weeks promise to be a whirlwind of activity and preparation. And registering for baby items. Oh, the registering!!

No comments: