Friday, October 5, 2007

Not easy for a control freak

I'm a detail person. I can multi-task. I can think of the people who need the information I have and I can get that information to them so that all runs smoothly.

We found out today that our birthmom has decided to deliver in her new state of residence, rather than driving back "home" to deliver. OK. But what does this mean for us? She wants to make sure we are still on board (we are). But our lawyer is not in to tell her that today. We also have some questions that we'd like the lawyer to ask her. But we're being billed by the minute. Wouldn't it just be easier to handle this ourselves?

Yes, I understand that our lawyer is trying to protect our legal interests. And I know that I'm probably too emotionally involved to really speak to the birthmom and answer her questions (most of which I wouldn't be able to answer anyway). And we don't want him calling her all the time either because that might appear like he's pressuring her to place.

But there has to be an easier way than sitting and waiting and having no information until birthmom decides to call someone.

Deep breath. OK, I'm better now.

Luckily, I have a huge event I'm planning for this weekend, so at least I'll stay busy and maybe keep my mind off of this!!

No comments: