Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Exhausted

Olivia woke up at 3 a.m., and I heard her in the living room, crying "Mommy!" with terror in her voice. Something spooked her to the point that she was afraid to walk much further in the dark in pursuit of Mommy even though she knows exactly where I am. It was probably nothing more than a car driving by or a gust of wind. She's rather sensitive to sounds during certain stages of sleep, and even more sensitive when she knows Daddy's not home. It makes me thankful that our house is built on a slab and we have no creaky floorboards, but there are still other sounds that can rouse her on occasion.

I laid with her in bed for an hour until she fell back asleep. She was obviously tired, but she needed the comfort of knowing that Mommy was RIGHT THERE. When she woke up, still fussy, at 6 a.m., I knew she was still tired. I pulled her into bed with me, and she dosed off right away.

The weather here has somehow become stuck on "ALL HUMID ALL THE TIME". I was not ready for this to happen until mid-June. I want to say "Rain already!" The air is heavy with moisture, and with the temperature climbing it is not so comfortable around here.

When Olivia wakes up from her nap, she's going to want to go outside. I'm not ready for the onslaught of pollen AND humidity today. Please, rain, show up so I have an excuse to stay in.

No comments: