Monday, April 20, 2009

My child speaks in full sentences

Heard on Friday:

While visiting a local pioneer village that features a cabin/livestock, etc. We were watching the cows and sheep. I said, "Look at the sheep, Olivia." She said, "He walking away." Yep. He was.

After clipping her fingernails (which, by the way, is akin to cutting off her thumb with a hedge trimmer, judging by the way she reacts), I let her play with the clippers to help her calm down. She managed to separate the metal part from the plastic part. She looked right at me and said, "I broke it." Yep. She did.

She has come up with lots of random sentences with no prompting. I just can't believe how quickly she's catching on to all the verbal stuff.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

She is just so smart! I cannot believe it. :)