Thursday, November 5, 2009

Have I mentioned lately how awesome he is?

The babysitting has been hard on me lately. Some days I struggle to get through the morning to naptime. A couple of toddlers I know have spent a good deal of time in time-out for screaming, hitting, pushing, etc. Earlier this week, Olivia woke up in the middle of the night and took two hours to fall back asleep, and then she took only a 45 minute nap the next day. I was exhausted and emotionally fried by the end of the day. So my husband? He took Olivia out after dinner and kept her busy for more than two hours while I caught up on stuff, took a shower, and had some time to relax. (They went to the bowling alley and watched people bowl, an activity they both enjoy more than one would reasonably expect.)

My sweet husband has also been extra helpful with her on regular nights, keeping Olivia occupied while I have some time for myself and occasionally helping me put her to sleep. It seems like a little thing, but it really helps calm my nerves.

We'll celebrate five years of marriage this weekend. We are leaving Olivia with the grandparents and going out of town for a couple of days. Joe has planned a whole bunch of things that he knew I would enjoy (like dinner theater...fun!). I can't wait!

I think I hit the jackpot on the husband lottery. He's definitely a keeper!

No comments: