Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Random thoughts

Olivia has been asleep for an hour, but I'm expecting a long nap today. Heck, after the last two days, I'm due for a decent nap window. Plus, my husband is leaving work early today after finishing his event duties this morning, and having a well-rested child will mean a better afternoon for all of us.

My husband called at lunch, and I got all excited. I guess I didn't realize that I really haven't talked to him in the last three days. Sure, he's home to sleep, but last night it was after midnight and I just muttered a sleepy "Hi" before falling back asleep. I know Olivia will be excited to see him too.

I've noticed that when it's quiet, there's almost always a song running through my head. In high school and college, I can remember that popular songs would always pop into my head when I woke up in the middle of the night or as I was driving in the car. Now, my head is full of nothing but Silly Songs, which we listen to in the car. At the moment, it's "fiddle-dee-dee, the fly has married the bumble bee." Talk about having an annoying song stuck in your head...

Oh, I noticed this morning that Olivia knows all the words to "Bee Movie". As in, she recites key phrases as the characters are reciting them. I'm thinking maybe we've seen it a few too many times...

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I bet I can still recite movies that I watched when I was younger. I might need prompting to get back into the swing of them though.